Spotlight Weekly Link-Up | Week 101: Sneakers

August 06, 2015

Wearing: LOFT romper (love this $23 one!) | Converse All Star Low via Rack Room Shoes c/o Tory Burch bag | Similar Sunglasses (only $5) | JORD Wood Watches 'Cora Turquoise' watch c/o | InPink 'Geo Jeweled' necklace c/o






Hey ladies! Thanks for visiting the blog today! I'm so excited to see how you style sneakers! I went with a supers simple chambray romper to pair with my
 Converse All Star Low sneakers! I bought this romper last season, but I swear it was worth the investment because I've worth it tons this summer and we all know chambray is always in style in the spring/summer so it's not considered a 'trendy' piece in my book! I love the bow around the waist and how it's longer in the back, because most rompers are not flattering on my long torso! Like I said, this piece is actually fro last year, but I've linked to tons of similar rompers above ;)

I paired this outfit with minimal jewelry and only wore my JORD Wood Watches 'Cora Turquoise' watch on my wrist because I like how the turquoise and chambray compliment each other! 

Also, this is random, but I wanted to touch on something I came across recently... I discovered a site called "Get Off My Internets" and let me tell you, I have never seen people talk so horribly about others! But aside from that cruelty, the readers of blogs post pictures that bloggers (super big bloggers) have photoshopped of themselves in to make their images appear skinnier. I'm talking girls that probably weigh 110 pounds cutting off half their forearm to make it appear thinner when their arms are just perfect to begin with! I'm so saddened that this happens and so disappointed that bloggers that many people look up to do this. I guess what I'm saying is that although I may not be super 100% comfortable with my own body image, and I do edit the lighting in these photos, I never want to be so insecure and unhappy with myself that I have to photoshop my arms off or create a thigh gap, that's just not reality! People like real things, am I right? I know that as a blog reader, I like real things and real images! Okay, end rant, but seriously I couldn't believe some of those photos! Anyway, I hope you enjoy styling your fab sneakers and I can't wait to check out some of the posts!

The lovely Jacqueline and I post our link-ups every Thursday! This week our theme is sneakers! Or you can pick any fashion/beauty related post to link up! Come back weekly to visit us! 

(Click after the break to link-up!)

1. We kindly ask that you follow the two hosts: Elle from Living in Color Style on Bloglovin', Jacqueline from Stylin' In St. Louis via Bloglovin' and the guest host, Emily of Tailored Mommy. (The first three links in the link-up.)

2. Use the button provided on Elle or Jacqueline's side bar or link back to the link-up on your blog.

3. Enjoy reading other blogs and make new blogger friends!

SPOTLIGHT:
This week's spotlight is DeAnna of Chicly Charming. She looks fabulous in last week's chambray trend! Make sure to stop by her blog and say hello!
NEXT WEEK: Next week we are styling white! Thanks so much for linking up each week! xo.


<!— end InLinkz script —>

15 comments:

  1. So chic! Denim suits you perfectly..


    XOXO,

    www.fashionerza.com

    I can rock any outfits, come follow my online diary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sneakers and the romper, but mostly the bag! Gorg. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this- the romper and how the cut is so unique.Your braid is the perfect accessory!
    elle
    Southern Elle Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your romper and that you paired it with chucks and your pink Tory, so cute!!

    Xoxo,

    Whitney & Blaire

    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the chambray with the sneakers - great casual look. The purse is the perfect pop of color!
    XO
    Carrie and Stacy
    CS Gems

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking so pretty in this sporty outfit!

    http://lartoffashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a cute romper and I love the sneakers with it!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so obsessed with wearing Adidas Superstars and Converse right now! I love yours with the chambray romper! So casual and chic!
    ~~Megan~~
    http://www.poshprime.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your romper and your chucks go perfectly with it!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Would love for you to stop by & join TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your romper! It's a great combination of fun and sophisticated. Thank you so much for sharing my blog today!

    DeAnna
    chiclycharming.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your romper! thanks for the link up :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the white sneakers, and that braid is STELLAR! You always have the best hair!

    Xo
    Lee | LegalLee Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving that chambray romper - too cute! It looks perfect with your Converse sneaks. That red Tory bag is to die for - such a fab color!
    xoxo Danielle
    For the Love of Leopard

    ReplyDelete
  14. GOMI is such a saddening site. It amazes me how nasty people can be.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...