5 Things To Do When You're The MOH

September 16, 2016

This past summer, I had the pleasure of serving my best friend as her maid of honor. She was MOH in my wedding in 2012, and we had an absolute blast planning and celebrating back then too! I loved getting the opportunity to spoil her though. Here are some things she did for me, and some things that I did for her as each other's MOH's! Hopefully this is helpful to you haha, it was my first time being a MOH.

Talk with them about the wedding often and be a listening ear.
When there was any sort of drama, or issues with vendors, we were right there for each other - to listen and talk through it. Sometimes husbands get sick of hearing all of that stuff, so MOH is the next in line!

Plan a fabulous bridal shower!
I tried to be as detailed as possible when decorating and planning games for the bridal shower! I knew the colors she hoped for, and certain games she wanted to play, and tried to make that vision come true! Don't be afraid to be transparent about the process. Women love surprises, but they also love to be involved too, haha.
selfie station photo booth props lovingly handmade by With Grace Events c/o

Buy her a tee, robe, or something that says "bride" on it, if she doesn't have it already!
I love those getting ready photos where the bride clearly stands out. I bought my bestie a super darling, white tank to wear so that everyone knew who the bride was that day. She'll have it forever, and can cherish it in her getting ready photos as well!


DIY assistance.
Fortunately, my best friend had all of her wedding props readily made (for the most part) so I didn't get the opportunity to roll up my sleeves and get some DIY projects done, but her sweet mama did help make my wedding favors! Offering to help with decor and any other DIY projects is usually a huge help to the bride! I've even addressed invitations before for the bridal shower/wedding/thank-you's. Anything helps!

On the day, of, bring her a coffee...and anything else she may need. You're her right hand lady!
A Starbucks cup with the word "bride" on it is a must-have, as well as any food, or last minute things that need to be done! The bride should be relaxed and ready to say "I do" so be sure to check in with her every so often and make sure you're doing all you can to help out!

Hopefully these tips were helpful to you!

xo. L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...