How To Bake Dairy-Free | Easiest Egg Replacement: Flax Egg

December 19, 2016

I seriously couldn't wait another day to share this with you. Learning how to make this egg replacement has changed my life. I say that not only because I'm vegan and don't eat eggs, but because it's made out of one of the easiest, least perishable, healthiest foods out there: flaxseed. If you don't know what flaxseed is, definitely check out this article on Web MD that headlines: "Preliminary studies show that it may help fight heart disease, diabetes and breast cancer." 

Yes, you can prevent breast cancer AND replace a highly perishable food when cooking and baking! Read on to figure out how easy this is. It takes all of 30 seconds, AKA, the time it takes to crack open an egg (without the mess).
EASY EGG REPLACEMENT: FLAX EGG

What You'll Need:
  • 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
  • 3 tablespoons water
  • 1 small dish
  • 1 spoon for stirring

Method:
This is done in LITERALLY thirty seconds.

1. Measure out the flaxseed, then put into the dish.
2. Pour the water over the flaxseed and stir to combine.
3. Let it sit for 5 minutes (or while you complete other steps of your baking) and then it should thicken quite a bit!

This is the equivalent to one egg. So if your recipe called for two eggs, you would use 2 tbs. flaxseed and 6 tbs. water, and so forth! Simple as that, and WAY better for you!

HAPPY DAIRY-FREE BAKING!
I know dairy allergies are fairly common now, so please take try out this method, you guys - I promise you won't go back to eggs, ever!





xo. L




13 comments:

  1. Hi Hun
    There's a fab giveaway over on my blog xx

    http://voguevxn.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/monday-motivation-m-is-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are ambitious getting rid of eggs! I'm not sure if I could do it, but if I try it - it will be with this recipe! I love seeing all the steps laid out so easily since I'm cooking challenged.

    xo, Amanda
    www.aglamlifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't bake often but I like flax or bananas as egg replacers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh so interesting, must try!!

    xx Sam | The Heart of the House

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! So glad to find some easy ways to go vegan without losing all the things you love!

    xx,

    Lacey
    www.theglittergospelblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always do this!! It's the best!


    Jenna from www.visionsofvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an interesting idea! I've never heard of "flax egg" but I may have to try it out sometime! Thanks for sharing!

    xo, Shelby
    www.prettyinthepines.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! I use flax eggs all the time and I never have problems with recipes. Have you ever tried using aquafaba? I haven't, but I'm so curious to see if it works!

    xx,

    Lauren | discodaydream.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I never knew that about flax seed. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great recipe!!! I've really tried to cut out as much dairy as I can from my diet as it leads to breakouts and an upset stomach! Gotta try this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never thought about going dairy free, but I feel like if I did it would make me feel so much better! Great tips!

    xo,
    Alice at Lone Star Looking Glass

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't imagine being dairy free..you go girl! Can't wait to read more about your journey!

    Best,

    Candace
    www.liveloveandread.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...