Super excited to share some of these tips with you! Mixing prints is one of my favorite things to do when putting an outfit together. It definitely has a learning curve, so I feel like these tips were super helpful to me when I first started! Keep reading to find out what they are!
Tips for mixing prints:
1. Pair bigger prints with smaller prints. This is a big one - I feel like it helps make the outfit look so much cleaner when you are careful about which prints you decide to pair up!
2. Mix two or three prints at most to avoid looking too busy. Don't try to be too fashion-forward ;) Just take 2 or 3 and style them well - quality, not quantity!
3. Stripes serve as a great "blank canvas" for pattern mixing. I love stripes with anything. Stripes on leopard, stripes on plaid, stripes on polka dots - stripes all day, every day.
4. Leopard accessories are key! Don't wear leopard pants haha. Generally your top and accessories are what you mix!
5. Pick out a fabulous color combo - using the same two colors makes an outfit look more uniform. (Think navy and white stripes with navy and white polka dots!)
My Outfit details: BP. Plaid top (on sale for $28) fit: I'm wearing a size small | Blank NYC denim fit: true to size | Similar clutch | Similar hat | Boots | Taudrey necklace c/o
Jacqueline and I post our link-ups every Thursday! This week our theme is plaid or you can pick any fashion/beauty related post to link up! Come back weekly to visit us!
2. Use the button provided on Larissa or Jacqueline's side bar or link back to the link-up on your blog.
3. Enjoy reading other blogs and make new blogger friends!
SPOTLIGHT: This week's spotlight is Becky of byBMG. Jacqueline and I adore her look from last week's link-up! Be sure to stop by her blog and say hello!